Here I go Again!

Fuck Cancer.

They found another spot of cancer.

It’s a little angry lymph node that is on the same side of my mastectomy.

When I was in the hospital for two weeks in February with pneumonia, they did a chest CT scan.  The radiologist saw this little spot and everyone wanted to biopsy it right away, but my oncologist and surgeon and I thought that it might just be inflamed because I was so sick, so we had it ultrasounded to get a baseline view. I saw my oncologist every few weeks to keep an eye on it and it got a little bigger. A second ultrasound two weeks ago today showed it had changed enough to warrant a biopsy.  That was done last Thursday.

This past Wednesday, my oncologist called me and told me that it was breast cancer. She sent the biopsied tissue in for further testing to see if it is the same kind of cancer that I had before.  I am still waiting for those results.

The suck thing is, that if it is the same kind of cancer that I had before, it means that the medicine and shots I’ve been taking may not be working.  So there may be changes ahead.

I was supposed to see a surgeon today, but I thought that that was premature since I haven’t had the big PET/CT scan which will show us if there is anything else to deal with. So no appointment today.

I have the PET/CT on Wednesday morning.  I’ve had two already and I actually enjoy them.  (go back to this post if you don’t remember what it was: https://pamfightson.com/2013/08/28/little-miss-radioactive-has-some-excellent-news/)

So keep your prayers going and fingers crossed that nothing else gets picked up in the scan.  Or that if there is something else, it’s easy to deal with!!!

Fuck Cancer.

Fight On!

Advertisements

9 Comments on “Here I go Again!”

1. elizabeth lamar says:

Oh gosh, Pam. The challenges! From what you told me before, is there any breast tissue left in that area that they could remove? My thoughts are with you.

2. Penny Korn says:

Fuck Cancer indeed!!! Hang in there Pam, you are a fighter. My lymph node they removed is not cancerous yet, but they are doing an ultra sound every 3 month on it. They believe it is just fluid since when it was originally removed, it swelled quite a bit and they had to drain it 3 times. It is so nerve wracking!

I am sending my prayers and love to you that everything will be good and the outcome marvelous!!

You go girl!!

Love you,

Penny

3. Karen Stember says:

Not sure about you keeping calm but I know you will fight on….and then this too shall pass. Prayers for you Pam.

4. Barbara DiCarlo says:

Praying for you Pam ! Barbara

Sent from my iPhone

5. Donna Standlea says:

Prayers and positive thoughts for you, Pam. XOXO

6. Barbara DiCarlo says:

May God watch over you! Keeping prayers going you way. Love you , Barbara

Sent from my iPhone

7. Joyce cushnie says:

Sending prayers for you and your mom everyday. Love you❤️❤️

8. Lori Lewis says:

The only thing more amazing than beating that MFer (cancer) the way you did is beating it TWICE. CLEARLY you have been marked for greatness!

Can’t wait to celebrate your latest victory with you. Love you and sending mad healthy vibes, plus some love, light & strength your way.

xoxoxoxox ❤ ❤ ❤

9. Karen Stember says:

Fight on and kick cancer’s butt once again Pam.